PROMPT #100 SELF PORTRAIT
I cannot believe that today is DAY 100 of THE 100 DAY STAY AT HOME PROJECT! I am so grateful to Charlotte Hamilton for joining me on this journey. It has been so much fun and incredibly inspiring to see everyone's work and interpretations of the prompts. I hope that those of you who joined us here will continue to join me each night with THESE THREE THINGS. I am about to celebrate the 4th year of the daily project!
I painted this self portrait when I was 18. It remains my favorite self portrait out of the many I have attempted over the years. I managed to capture something about my essence at 19 that still remains all these years later. Something that feels true, despite age, interests, ability, and everything else. This painting lives in my daughter's room, which feels right somehow. It looks just like her.
I decided to follow Charlotte's lead on this prompt and post 10 things about me, along with my portrait.
So here are my 10 things you may or may not know about me :
1. I am ambidextrous and even though I've been with my husband since 1997, he didn't find out until the day my daughter was born in 2010.
2. I can dislocate both of my thumbs.
3. I am afraid of peaches.
4. I was born on Long Island. And yes, it really is Strong Island.
5. I love California, but I often miss the East Coast beaches I grew up going to as a kid.
6. I secretly want to be a professional break dancer.
7. The Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies.
8. 100 Days of Solitude is my favorite book.
9. Richie Tenenbaum is my forever crush.
10. I often go to bed wishing I would wake up with the voice of Stevie Nicks.
I am so grateful to Charlotte Hamilton for all the inspiration and motivation. Meeting you all here nightly to share a small daily moment has made this time so meaningful. And also valuable. Practice and skill building are essential. Not only to becoming better at a job or hobby, but also essential to becoming better as a person. Cheers to those of us who committed to 100 days. So many lessons to come from the time spent here. Congratulations!!!
What did you learn today? Join me by using the #thesethreethings and commenting below with your own These Three Things. I want to hear what you are learning, laughing about, and living through.